To finish off the semester in Performing Arts the prep students put on a number of small plays based on the book ‘How The Birds Got Their Colours’. They used coloured scarfs hidden in their tops so show the explosion of colour from the poor little doves foot and tried to use their bodies to show what character they were acting out. It was lots of fun. Everyone joined in and did a great job. Well done preps!
The year 1/2 students have finished their Performing Arts program for the year. The last topic they studies was drama. Students wrote a script to accompany the story Koala Lou written by Mem Fox. They did a fantastic job putting the story into word, thinking about what the characters would say to tell the story to an audience. Students help to write the script including stage directions and thinking of the ma in characters to include. It was lots of fun writing the script but more fun watching students perform these small plays.
- We learnt to play the recorder.
- We learnt to play a range of notes on the recorder and some songs.
- We learnt how to do a range of different dances.
- We learnt the elements of dance.
- we wrote and performed a musical tune.
- Made up a dance in groups and performed it in front of the class.
- we learnt about Drama.
- We watched a video of Hip Hop and tried to dance along with it.
- We learnt the elements of drama.
- We learnt to play a scale on the recorder.
- Liv liked playing the music.
- Erika enjoyed performing in front of the class.
- Brooklyn liked learning the elements of dance.
- Luka enjoyed writing the script for Koala Lou.
- Alessandra enjoyed writing the music and performing in front of the class.
- Jennifer enjoyed learning to play the recorder.
- Zayn enjoyed writing the script for Koala Lou.
- Finn enjoyed playing lots of different songs on the recorder.
- Sophie enjoyed learning the elements of dance.
- Liv enjoyed learning the elements of dance.
Students then made skeleton noises and moved around like skeletons.
During the lesson students drew a background or scene showing a place they would go to play if they were a skeleton. The artwork all the preps produced was very creative and the drawing skills was fantastic.