2016 Whole School Production Design a Front Cover Competition
Come Fly With Me
Disney From Around the World
All students at MPPS are invited to submit a piece of art to be published and printed as the front cover for the program for the 2016 Whole School Concert titled: Come Fly With Me
The requirements and instructions are as follows:
Eligibility: Any students who attend school at MPPS in any year level.
Multiple Entries: One entry per student.
Judging and Winners: A panel of judges will review all entries and a finalist from each year level will be selected. Each artist will be rewarded a certificate and the finalist will be awarded a prize. All entries will be posted on the Arts Department blog site. A best of show winner will have their work featured on the 2016 flyer. Entrants must include each item from the judging criteria.
- Artwork must be 2D and on an A4 page.
- The artwork must be presented in the portrait format as this is the way it will be printed.
- Your name (first name and surname) and year level (including teachers name) must be written clearly on the back of the artwork.
- Artwork should make a link to the concert title in some way. (Interpretation by the individual)
- You don’t need to include the title of the show on your entry as this will be printed on later.
Copyright laws: Artwork must be student’s own work and not copied from books, internet, television, movies or video games. However you can borrow inspiration from a range of sources.
Types of Art: Students are encouraged to experiment with a range of art forms. Some ideas might include: A painting using watercolour, acrylic paint, food dye, photography, mixed media, textiles, paper art, drawing, printing, computer generated and more. Think the brighter the better. What would stand out on a front cover? Bold colours, strong outlines, clear images.
Submission of Artwork: A box with a label can be found outside of the office for entries to be placed in.
Closing date: Monday 25th of July 2016
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me either via The Arts Department Blog site or via email. Remember I am here to help you!
Visual and Performing Arts Teacher