The year 1/2 students have been busy working on their clay sculptures in the art room. The process has been a new experience for many students experimenting with using clay as a medium as well as using clay tools. Students have enjoyed getting dirty and being messy with the sticky clay. Each 1/2 class has focused on sculpting a different structure based on their concert piece.
1/2A are working on Totem Poles.
1/2B are working on sculpting people or animals with umbrella’s.
1/2C are working on Mermaids.
1/2D are working on Snowmen.
1/2E are working on china cups and
1/2F are working on crocodiles.
Have a look at the photos and the process. More photos will be added as students finalise the clay stage of the sculpture building process.
Costume requirements for each students are listed below under classes:
MPPS Concert: Come Fly With Me, Around the World with Disney
Prep Melanie: ‘Bare Necessities’
- White, yellow, or brown short and t-shirt to look like Explorers.
- Sneakers and long socks.
Prep Nicole: ‘Heigh Ho Heigh Ho’
- Black leggings.
- Large long sleeve t-shirt in either orange, green, red or blue.
Prep Leigh: ‘I Just Can’t Wait to be King’
- Black or brown tracksuit pants or leggings.
- Black or brown t-shirt or skivvy.
- Black shoes.
1/2A Madelyn: ‘Hawaiian Roller Coaster’
- Boys to wear Hawaiian shirt or patterned shirt and board shorts.
- Girls to wear bike short or leggings in any colour and a colourful t-shirt.
1/2B Isabel: ‘Lets go Fly a Kite’
- Students to wear old fashion looking clothes.
- Girls to wear a frilly dress or a skirt with long socks
- Boys to wear shorts with long socks a shirt and black shoes.
1/2C Senada: ‘Under the Sea’
- Students to wear blue long sleeve tops and long blue pants or leggings.
- Students to wear runners or blue shoes.
1/2D Jenny: ‘Let it Go’
- Students to wear white leggings and a white long sleeve top.
- Students to wear white shoes.
1/2E Jess: ‘Be Our Guest’
- Students playing the part of ‘Tea Cups’ are required to wear all black clothing.
- Students playing the part of ‘Candlesticks’ are required to wear gold or white clothing.
- Students playing the part of ‘Clocks’ are required to wear all black or dark clothing.
1/2 F Alice: ‘You Can Fly, You Can Fly’
- All students to wear pyjamas or a nightgown with slippers or runners.
3/4A Andrea: ‘Aladdin’
- Students to wear black tracksuit pants or leggings.
- Boys to wear coloured t-shirts and girls to wear white t-shirts.
3/4B Dave: ‘Colours of the Wind’
- Students to wear a large white t-shirt (this will need to be brought to school by week 8 of this term so students can decorate it in class)
- Students to wear brown or black leggings or pants with moccasins, or runners.
3/4C Candice: ‘I’ve Got a Dream’
- Students to wear black or brown shorts with long socks and black shoes.
- Students will need a white t-shirt (this will need to be brought to school by week 9 of this term so students can decorate it in class)
5/6A Jude: ‘Ill make a Man Out of You’
- Students to wear white baggy tops or shirts and black tracksuit pants with black socks and runner.
5/6B Lee: ‘Touch the Sky’
- Students to wear Kilts or tartan skirts or dresses and white t-shirts with a tartan sash.
- Students to wear runners.
5/6C Ant: ‘Go the Distance’
- Students to wear togas or a white dress.
- Students to wear sandals or brown shoes.